Artistic Intent – Why We Are Here
The Producers and Directors all believe that if they make their vision come to life – make the story into a movie – it will be shown in a way that makes the audience see and hear what they created with the same splendor they created. Were they wrong?
Quality Management Basics
If something is managed properly, then there is control over the quality of the items being delivered, and assurance that the end user will be satisfied. Quality Management | Quality Control | Quality Assurance
- Ideas Behind The Checklist
- Routines to Self-Certify – Checklists and Employee Training – Part I
- Routines to Self-Certify – Checklists and Employee Training – Part II
- How to: Manager’s Walk Through
- How to: Manager’s Walk Through – Part 2
- Units of Measurement
- Where to Judge The Auditorium
- 3 Letter Acronyms – KDM, CMS, FLM and more about Encryption
Cinema Basics – Audio
Some say that a movies sound is 50% of the movie. So, it better be good, eh?
Cinema Basics – Picture
Sound has nuance. Picture has a thousand words for nuance. Let's learn some.
Your picture and sound equipment get calibrated according to a schedule that management thinks is appropriate for your facility – sometimes in 6 month or 12 month or 18 month intervals. But we all know that things happen in between. With the right tools, you can become the judge.
Some of our customers use the large speaker systems to know what the actors are saying, some read the words with special "closed caption" equipment...some listen to special tracks on headphones. The equipment is called Accessibility Equipment. We have to understand it and test it to make certain our customer gets the best experience possible.
- The Other-Abled, and You
- Accessibility To Inclusion In Cinema – Prelude
- Promise, Promises and Great Expectations
- The Access Community
- Accommodation, In General
- Accommodation, Open Captions
- Accommodation, Closed Captions
- No Technology Before Its Time
- Industry Coordination
- Different Paths; …and Finally, Results
- DCP Production – Narration and Closed Caption Creation
- Currently Available – “Personal” Closed Caption Solutions
- Specialized Audio Systems for the Blind and Partially Sighted
- Signing In Cinema
Life happens in real time. Sometimes we read about it. More rarely, we are there. And after, we wish that we could have practiced a little bit before being thrown into it.