The adventure of discovery into properties of light and sound provide the Cinema Exhibition Industry new tools to translate the Director’s Intent into some new way to communicate with their audience…our mutual audience.
The latest in this march has been laser light based projectors. The range of betterment for the customer is richer blacks in some cases (most notably shown in the Dolby Vision demo), and more stable light levels (because the cycle of new and old xenon bulbs, among other reasons) and more efficient conversion of electricity from the wall into the creation of the light itself means less CO2 creation and ultimately lower costs.
But there are several things that we will learn about here. No particular order or reason, just random interesting presentations.
- Ending with the lens
- What Means, New SMPTE Pink Noise…and How?
- Different Stuff – Unorganized
- THX, IMAX, QSC, and 9001 Roads to Quality Assurance
- Digital and Wonder
- Great Take on Editing; New Blog
- How to Tell If Your Theater Is Projecting Movies Properly – [Screen Crush Blog]